My Wooden Airplane
Skip Navigation Links.

3/5/2010

Not so good this time

Well, since I had such great success with the plastic baggies last weekend, I thought I'd give them another try for the other main spar. Two things went wrong this time. #1, I cut the corner a little too much, so that too much glue came out when I squeezed the bag. #2, and much more serious, I noticed after the glue had settled back in the bottles that I obviously screwed up the mixture somewhere. No choice left but to scrape the glue off the spar frame and try again. Unfortunately, this may seal the wood too much for the next batch of epoxy to penetrate deeply enough. And to add insult to injury, I don't have enough glue to do any work over the weekend, which of course, is shaping up to be a nice weekend.

Total Time: 1.5 hrs.